Tuesday, October 26, 2010

GA Lawyers: Scam Alert

This is a scam similar to the one that has ensnared lawyers in Florida. Be aware of this one, either by the named person, or something similar. Copy of a 'contact' that come to my website:


Name:Paulina Risto
Email:paulinaristo@live.com
Phone: Phone
Comment:Dear Counsel,

My name is Ms Paulina Risto. I was married to my ex husband Matthew Risto for 7 yrs and in Dec 2008, We mutually agreed under a Collaborative Participation Law Agreement to go our separate ways. Dino had agreed to pay me $700,000.00 under terms of the agreement so that I can settle down and to his credit; he has paid me $50,000.00 but with an outstanding balance of $650,000.00. I am hereby seeking your legal assistance in collecting the balance or helping me enforce the agreement, and have him honor the agreement in entity.

I will be providing further information upon your request. I believe that one of the reasons he has refused to pay is because I deaf. Prior to our separation due to irreconcilable differences, we were married for 12yrs of which by his instruction, I was a full time house wife to carter for our two children.

Please get back to me if this is a case you can undertake. I would love to contact you via telephone but i am deaf. I will not hear any you say on the phone. The only means of effective communication is via emails. I am hereby seeking your firm to assist in collecting the balance from him. He has agreed already to pay me the balance but have failed several times to keep to his promise of making the payment. it is my belief that a Law firm like yours is needed to help me collect payment from my ex-husband or litigate this matter if he fails to pay me this time around.

I have contacted you because my ex husband reside in your jurisdiction.

Also note that i am a poor woman who is trying to settle debts that i have owed people. I can only work with on contingency basis because i can't pay lawyer fee.