Sunday, March 18, 2007

Katrina: Gator Basketball Tours 9th Ward

From time to time I post about my alma mater, The University of Florida. This past weekend, the basketball team was in New Orleans, and the players and coaches toured the area devastated by the storm and its flooding.

One player, Joakim Noah, said this: "It was an experience I'll never forget." "It's been a year-and-a-half since Katrina, but in some areas, it looks like the hurricane hit just last week." He also commented, "It makes you wonder, 'Do we really care?' "

For more, go here. The link takes you to the Sunday 3/18/07 Orlando Sentinel article.

My comment: The answer to your last question is NO. America does not care. Many individuals, churches and volunteers, and I do, but the insurers, the politicians, the true titans of business do not. It may as well be Bosnia.

Shameful.