Monday, January 23, 2006

I'm riding in a Mardi Gras Parade - You Can Too*

* Provided that you are a trial attorney, and pony up a little $$$.

I'm a member of the Southern Trial Lawyers Association, and each year the STLA seminar is held in New Orleans. I was going to pass on this one. I love the city and hated to go back in its current condition. After much cajoling, I am going - and the cool thing is that if you attend, you can ride in with the Krewe of Tucks on February 25, 2006. You find info on the Krewe here. I plan to "throw" till my AC joint needs surgical repair. I've never done that before, so it will be an item I get to cross off of my life list.

I have been trying to figure out if there is an etiquette to the throwing, and thanks to a poster on one of many sites I have visited, I have to say this covers it:



I throw to anyone in a wheelchair

I throw to and thank every policeman I can for protecting us and doing their often thankless job.

I always throw to anyone with a smile who looks me in the eye

I try to hit all of the creative signs

I throw footballs and frisbees to the "bored" 13-17 year old boys who stand in the back, got dragged by parents to parade, and really want to be there, but it is not cool to stand in front and yell - they have a blast chasing the deep throws.....love those ellipese.....dont you....?

I throw to the kids on ladders and seniors in lawn chairs

I look for people who don't have their hands up, make eye contact and throw to them.

I look for people who aren't thrown to usually

I look for mothers and their babies

I throw to people in windows and on porches along the route.