Monday, November 28, 2005

November this and that: On the road without a laptop

I took a trip during the holidays without a laptop. These are the items I brought, and you may want to add to your briefcase.

1.Sidekick II: It's bigger than a blackberry; the typing pad is easier to use IMO than a blackberry; you get both email and pretty decent web browsing with the SII; the cost for both totals $20 a month. It has a decent camera, no video.

2.Cellphone (Audiovox 9900):Small, fits in your pocket, has photo and video capability. I will never wear a phone on my belt, so this is just right.

3.Efax: I signed up for one. Easy to use, good viewer. Free, but for an area code specific number it's $12.95 a month.

4.Evoice: Similar to eFax. It's a web based phone number that is free (for now).

I am a big fan of the Sidekick II. It's $20 a month for unlimited email, the keyboard is bigger and easier to use than the blackberry device, the web browser is full color and runs graphics. Not too fond of the phone feature, and it does not have bluetooth capability.