Wednesday, October 23, 2013

10/23/13 Bankruptcy Court Approves NECC Litigation Proof of Claim

I'm one of seven attorneys appointed by the  Federal Court to oversee the litigation as part of the Plaintiffs' Steering Committee.   Recently, in Bankruptcy Court, a proof of claim form was approved and mailed. The Court and the Trustee just started mailing out this claim form. The proof of claim form must be completed by an injured party in order to preserve the right to bring a monetary claim against NECC. Anyone who was potentially injured by the tainted steroid injections must submit the proof of claim form by January 15, 2014 to be considered in any settlement negotiations.

The first question I'm being asked is - what do the papers say, and must I sign and return them? In truth, the first question is- have you read the full form? Here is what it looks like:



I've practiced law for more than 20 years. I've been involved in this case from its inception. There are many questions still unanswered for people who had NECC product put in their bodies, and I'm happy to talk with you.