Friday, September 21, 2012

2C-I or 'Smiles': The New Killer Drug

Worth a read, recent news on Yahoo.com:

2C-I--known as"Smiles"--has become a serious problem in the Grand Forks and other areas, according to local police. Overdoses of the drug have also be reported in Indiana and Minnesota. But if the internet is any indication, Smiles is on the rise all over the country.

 2C-I or 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenethylamine is a psychedelic phenethylamine. 2C-I is commonly sold in its hydrochloride salt form, which is a fluffy, sparkling-white powder, which has also been pressed into tablet form. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2C-I



"At the moment I am completely and fully submerged, if you can't tell by my eyes, in a psychedelic world known as 2C-I," says a man who appears to be in his late teens or early 20s on a YouTube video posted back in October. His pupils are dilated. He struggles to formulate a description of what he's feeling-it's hard to tell if its because his experience is profound or if his speech skills are simply blunted.

Smile's effects have been called a combination of MDMA and LSD, only far more potent. Users have reported a speedy charge along with intense visual and aural hallucinations that can last anywhere from hours to days.

 http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/2c-smiles-killer-drug-every-parent-know-234200299.html

As of July 9, 2012, in the United States 2C-I is a Schedule I substance under the Synthetic Drug Abuse Prevention Act of 2012, making possession, distribution and manufacture illegal.