Sunday, February 05, 2012

Tech: Android Apps for the week of Feb. 6, 2012

Image representing Android as depicted in Crun...
Image via CrunchBase
I'm an Android phone user. My HTC has a slideout keyboard, and it's been dropped a half dozen times, no issues.

I am always on the hunt for practical apps. Some I download and use for 10 days or so, others make the permanent grade. Here is my current 'worth a try' list:


1 Weather:  I run nearly every day. I may be in FL one week, in Cincinnatti the next. 1Weather provides  access to accurate, up-to-the-minute weather information, including animated maps and radar,  weather alarms and severe condition alerts. Free.

 Evi: I'm having Siri envy. This app is not the most reliable just yet, but for me it's worth a try. Best description? A poor man's Siri. Server crashes frustrate the crap out of me.

Handy Scanner:  Handy Scanner Free is a mobile application that turns pictures into print-ready PDF documents.  Whether I'm a a courthouse checking a file or at a lawyer's office, this tool lets me take a quick shot and send it to the office in PDF - worth it and an app that is a must have.

Eventbrite:   Not an app for legal, but for signups. Our church uses this for sports registrations, and the android app is very easy to use.

Seesmic Ping: Seesmic Ping: Post & schedule pics & links to Twitter, Facebook Pages, LinkedIn. Multiple Accounts: post to multiple Twitter accounts, Facebook (Pages & Profiles) and LinkedIn accounts. Select where and when to post: quickly and easily schedule posts to be sent at a future date and time.

I use BufferApp on my laptop, and Seesmic is my go to app (for now) for posting when I'm on the road. Easy to use.

Klick To Do: I'm probably the worst To Do list keeper. I am always seeking the holy grail of to do list apps. No such luck yet. This one:

A very simple to use Todo App with philosophy - Keep It Simple. Its one of a kind todo/task app that makes all controls available on a single activity page.
Klick Todo features:
- All properties of the todo just a single click away and on a single Screen ! ( no browsing away from your tasks list )

AndroGet: My download manager of choice. Best yet. Worth the try.

That's it for this week, more from time to time as I have enough to write out in one post.   






Enhanced by Zemanta