Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Another Setback for Avastin to Treat Breast Cancer? Treatment
Another trial of Avastin as a treatment for metastatic breast cancer has failed to meet the mark. The drug lost its approval recently last month as a treatment for breast cancer.
The latest trial - had it met with success may have helped obtain new approval for use, is because the study tested Avastin as a treatment for the roughly 20 percent of breast cancers that have elevated levels of the Her2 protein. The old and now revoked approval was for the other 80 percent of tumors that are Her2-negative.
Read the rest of the story at the source: http://prescriptions.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/08/new-setback-for-avastin-as-breast-cancer-treatment/