More than a dozen skin-lightening cosmetic products may pose dangers to health after they were found to have high levels of mercury, an ecological group said. EcoWaste Coalition said the mercury levels in these products were as high as 52,100 parts per million (ppm) – way above the 1 ppm safety limit.
The tests showed 76 percent (19 of 25) of the samples had mercury levels ranging from 1,395 ppm to 52,100 ppm. None of these samples listed mercury as an ingredient. They included:1. Long Dian Tu Glutathione Pearl Natural Whitening Essence Cream, 52,100 ppm.
2. Beauty Girl 10-Day Double Whitening Speckles Removed Essence Cream, 42,400 ppm
3. Jonathan 12-day Clearing Facial Spots Cream, 28,200 ppm
4. Feique Rose Refining Nourishing Set Cream, 21,600 ppm
5. Lianglibai Qingbanxuejizuhetaozhuang Cream, 15,000 ppm
6. Pretty Model Whitening and Freckle Removing Cream, 11,000 ppm
7. Yudantang Aloe Pearl 10-Day Whitening Speckles Removed Essence Cream, 10,700 ppm
8. Women of Flower Whitening and Speckle Removing AB Series Cream, 9,643 ppm