Friday, May 01, 2009
Hydroxycut News Part 2/Background
Herbs that have been associated with liver disease include:
- Black Cohosh
• Buckthorn (Rhamnus cathartica).
- Callilepsis laureola ( Impila)
- Cascara Sagrada
- Celandine ( also known as greater celandine) (Chelidonium majus)
• Chaparral (also known as creosote bush or greasewood) (Larrea taridentata).
• Comfrey and other herbs containing pyrrolizidine alkaloids (heliotropium, senecio, crotalaria, symphytum)
- Doxidan ( Danthron 1,8-hydroxyanthroquinone and dioctyl calcium sulfosuccinate)
• Germander (Teucrium chamaedrys).
- Green tea leaf
• Groundsel (Senecio vulgaris).
- Impila root
• Jin Bu Huan.
- Kava ( also known as kava kava or Piper methysticum)
• Lobelia (Lobelia inflata).
• Ma huang (ephedra).
• Mate (also known as paraquay tea) (Ilex paraguariensis).
• Mistletoe (Viscum album).
• Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans).
• Pau d’arco (La pachol).
• Pennyroyal (Mentha pulegium).
• Poke root (Phytolacca americana).
• Ragwort (Senecio jacoboea).
• Sarsparilla (Smilax species).
• Sassafras (Sassafras albidum).
• Saw palmetto – the main ingredient of the herbal preparation known as “Prostata”.
• Senna (Casio acutifolia).
• Skullcap (Scutellaria laterifolia).
- Soy phytoestrogen
• Sweet clover (Melilotus officinalis).
• Tansy (Tanacetum vulgare).
• Valerian (Valeriana offinalis).
• Woodruff (Galium odorata).
Found this article posted a while back by a "doctor" who commented on Hydroxycut:
"Hydroxycut made headlines for over a controversial compound that it contained called Ephedra. This compound is banned by FDA. Now you can get a Ephedra-free product that claims to increase your metabolism and energy while suppressing your appetite, therefore cutting caloric intake and hence causing weight loss. Claims made by there manufacturers are pretty bold. They say that Hydroxycut can decrease body fat by 8%, and increase norinephrine by 40%. Among the most important ingredients in this product are:
Hydroxagen™: This is a compound which has been shown to decrease the activity of the enzyme which is responsible for the conversion of excess carbohydrates into fat. This subsequently makes it extremely effective for low fat diets. There may some added advantage of it curbing hunger and cravings.
Guarana Extract: Guarana, is the herbal form of caffeine and this has been shown to stimulate fat stores and resulting in fat being utilized as energy. Caffeine also facilitates the effectiveness of ephedrine, thus making it a more potent.
L-Carnitine: This is an amino acid that has been reported to carry fats to the interior of cells where it can be metabolized as energy. The addition of L-carnitine is an absolute necessity to get fat burning.
Chromium Picolinate: It has been shown that dosages of chromium as that contained in Hydroxycut can cause fat reduction and increases in muscle tone.
It should be understood that many people do experience side effects with these “stimulating” medications. Some say that feel anxious, others complain of increased libido. If you have heart condition, hyperthyroidism etc you should stay clear from this product (see all contraindications before starting)."
Firm handling it is: www.bunchandjames.com/hydroxycut/