Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm In Love

Well, not in love, really. More like "I love this service." A company called Mediconnect, whose mission is stated on its site: "MediConnect offers secure online record retrieval using state-of-the art technology, a unique patented process, and individualized yet industry-leading service; all at minimal expense to you. "

I vowed in 2007 to use a records retrieval system like this, and generally had no complaints. Last week I had an urgent need to obtain a medical record from a hospital in another state. It was a rush item. One that if handled in office would likely take at least ten to fourteen days, multiple fax transmissions and multiple calls.

I used Mediconnect, ordered the records on a Thursday afternoon, and by Monday had the records in hand (via PDF to my email). Less than two business days. By Tuesday it was in the hands of an adjuster, and late yesterday the matter was resolved.

The best part about this service (and there are surely others) was: No staff complaining about having to go into crisis mode to obtain the records, less cost than staffing, no concerns by me over whether or not it was birddogged properly, and fast turn around. All for under $30 plus the costs of the records.

You owe it to yourself to give it a look, in my humble opinion.